Standing Basement Water
When resulting flood waters from storms enter your home or business, it can cause "standing water". Standing water is a pool of water that does not flow. This stagnant water can be a dangerous thing if it is not handled correctly, and surely a difficult task to handle if you do not have the appropriate resources. Standing water should be dealt with right away, and we are here to help with just that. The cleanup process of standing basement water can sometimes take up to 10 or 11 days to completely disappear unless it is mitigated immediately.
Here are some protective measures to take into consideration when dealing with standing basement water:
Stay Away from Standing Water
- Sewage, debris, and other unpleasant things can be in the standing water leftovers.
- Standing water is a breeding ground for bacteria and other parasites.
- Standing water can lead to secondary mold damages.
- Standing water can leave a musty odor behind in your home if not addressed immediately.
- Swimming, wading, or rafting can make you sick.
- Wash your hands after contact with standing water.
- Do not drink the water.
- Water conducts electricity. Underground power lines can give you a dangerous shock.
Standing Water vs. Animals:
- Snakes and other animals may get into your home or building. Wear work boots and heavy gloves when you clean up.
- Mosquitoes can breed and grow in standing water.
- Some animals might find your home or business a cozy place to live.
- If tap water is unsafe to drink, it is unsafe for your pets.
If you find yourself dealing with standing water of any kind, we are here to help make it "Like it never even happened."