Tips to avoid water damage in your home!
14,000 homeowners rush to deal with water leak emergencies every day- don't let it be you!
Follows these tips to avoid water damage in your house!
- Disconnect your water hose during a freeze. Standing water in a hose may freeze back into the pipe and create an ice block that may bust your pipes and create damage to walls and floors.
- Check and maintain your appliances regularly for leaks.
- Check your water pressure. If the pressure is too high, pipes and hoses may fail.
- Make sure your gutters and downspouts are cleaned out.
- Investigate leaks right away and fix immediately.
- Know the location of your water main. If you leave your house for an extended amount of time, shut it off to avoid leaks while you are gone.
- Monitor your water bill. Sometimes, the only way to realize you have a leak is by taking a good look at your water bill. If your usage jumps significantly from one month to the next without explanation then you may have a leak somewhere.