Avoid Bursting Pipes This Winter
SERVPRO of The Upper Peninsula is here to help in case of a pipe that bursts or lines that freeze. Our crews are ready 24/7! No matter how big or small our local SERVPRO team handles them all, give us a call at (906) 204-2450!
7 Helpful Tips to Avoid Bursting Pipes This Winter
- Wrap outside faucets.
- Caulk around pipes where they enter the house.
- Disconnect garden hoses.
- Drain in-ground sprinkler systems
- Let a stream of water run if the temperature dips below freezing.
- Open cupboard doors in the kitchen and bathrooms.
- Shut off and drain your water system if you are leaving the house for several days.